Centura Health RN, Registered Nurse - LDRP, Part Time Nights, Castle Rock Adventist Hospital in Castle Rock, Colorado
STATEMENT OF POLICY
A key focus of Centura's overall business strategy is talent development. Centura is committed to providing the tools and processes that will enable associates to plan their careers. The preferred practice is to post available positions on the Centura Health Career Website allowing visibility to job opportunities at Centura.
Associates are eligible to apply for an open position if they are:
Active in their current position for at least six months or have manager and HR approval to be released early;
Ratings meet expectations or higher on their PFD review;
No written warning or Performance Improvement Plan (PIP) within the last six months unless their manager receives approval from HR; and
Continuous sustained improvement is demonstrated.
Centura’s general practice is to post available positions on the Career Website for a minimum of three business days (HR reserves the right to close a posting based on the number of applications received within the three business days). The position may be posted internally and externally simultaneously. The organization reserves the right to post internally only before posting externally.
*JOB DESCRIPTION/JOB POSTING ID: 124621*
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values. Please review department specific addendum, if applicable.
_Minimum Education Requirements_
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing for new graduates; preferred for experienced RN's
- BSN Preferred
_Minimum Experience Requirements_
One year experience preferred
Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
Current Colorado RN license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact
Current Basic Life Support certification from American Heart Association required
NRP required upon hire
_Position Duties (Essential Functions)_
Patient & Family Centered Care – 45%
- Assess patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records and clinical data. Evaluates patient’s response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome. Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IV’s, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections. Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient. Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family learning readiness, needs, and ability. Provide teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching. Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing com passionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs. Provide relationship-based care in which the nurse strives to understand what is most important to the individual and actively engage them in all aspects of care. This care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the diversity of human experience.
Informatics/Technology – 15%
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting. Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records. Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner. Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making.
Leadership/Nursing Professionalism – 15%
- Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy. Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care. rofessional role model for all staff demonstrating ethical/legal/professional nursing process. Manages resources and patient flow through matching nursing competencies with individualized patient’s and unit needs. Uses standards of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice. Team work and Collaboration: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care. Precepts/mentors new staff or nursing students as needed.
Quality/Research/EBP – 15%
- Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data. Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care. Participate in unit-based Quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities. Use current healthcare research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
Professional Development – 10%
- Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education. Seek experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skill and competence in clinical practice or role performance. Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and life-long learning. Evaluates one’s own integrity and nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process. Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at hospital and unit based meetings.
*All This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
- Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs constantly.
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.