The Navigators Insurance Risk Manager in Colorado Springs, Colorado
The Insurance Risk Manager shall serve The Navigators and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of The Navigators calling, values and purpose: To advance the Gospel of Jesus and His kingdom into the nations through spiritual generations of laborers living and discipling among the lost.
This position develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs for The Navigators. Will be responsible for initiating and developing policies which comply with safety legislation and industry practices. Serve as a liaison with insurance defense counsel, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss. Review and analyze risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses.
Oversee Captive Insurance Program
· Collect underwriting data in support of policy renewals.
· Review insurance vendors, including negotiation of insurance coverage and cost and management of related service vendors.
· Review insurance policies and endorsements to ensure adequacy and accuracy of policy documents and coverages; identify coverage gaps and exclusions; analyze appropriate coverage limits and deductibles; and oversee maintenance of all insurance policies, binders, endorsements in hard copy and/or electronic form.
· Manage broker and underwriter communication, services and resources to ensure effective flow of information and most effective use of broker and carrier resources.
· Oversee budget preparation, analysis, and Insurance Department’s operations.
- Serve as backup for department Director and as an alternate director on the Stewardship Board.
Risk Control and Assessment
- Maintain communication with department Director regarding clearly-defined risk management objectives for the organization.
· Provide leadership support for the development of proactive risk and loss control programs and appropriate risk management solutions.
- Provide supervision to trainers in matters related to safety and risk management.
· Develop strategies for improving and implementing loss and injury prevention techniques/procedures.
Provide guidance on claims management and health and safety initiatives, and corporate liability mitigation.
Interface with department Director on all risk management and liability matters.
Risk Finance Program
Oversee Corporate Insurance Program
Supervise the risk allocation of financing costs among operating units.
Develop programs to reduce costs of damage or loss. Includes oversight of insurance administration, cash flow and accounting procedures, and policy implementation and adherence.
Provide leadership in the development and administration of risk management processes.
Creatively and successfully build relationships with direct reports.
Complete annual Plan & Progress Reviews with direct reports
Review and approve direct reports’ time cards and expense reports
In coordination with department Director, engage in budget planning and strategies for risk management budget.
Collaborate with other departments and build relational equity with field staff and organizational leaders.
Work independently to manage tasks and timelines with a deep sense of responsibility and accountability.
Regular attendance at organizational meetings and chapels are required.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Belief in and adherence to the Statement of Faith and Mission of The Navigators.
Bachelor’s Degree is required.
10 or more years of experience with group Captive Insurance for nonprofit organizations
Minimum of 3 years of proven supervisory experience
Extensive experience in insurance administration is preferred.
Moderate travel (U.S. and International) – passport required
Excellent people skills that provide the ability to collaborate and communicate within a team, cross-functionally with other teams, and with outside parties.
A high regard for personal safety, for the safety of the company, its assets and employees and the public, are a must.
Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and database platform software applications.
Ability to successfully engage with a variety of people at all levels of the organization with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in business writing is a plus.
Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
Work independently to manage tasks and timelines.
Strong reading, listening, administrative skills and logical thought processes with the ability to identify and resolve simple to complex issues.
Ability to work effectively in a small group environment as a cooperative team member; take direction from supervisor; focus attention on details and adhere to work rules and established work schedules.
External Company URL: www.navigators.org
Street: 3820 North 30th Street