Northrop Grumman Mgr Systems Engineering 3 in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mgr Systems Engineering 3
Requisition ID: 18010366
Location(s): United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
The Business Facing ES&T organization is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to serve as the PARCS Weapon System lead on the SMORS contract. Work will be performed in Colorado Springs, CO. Candidates must have excellent skills in the following areas: team leadership, full life cycle engineering project processes (requirements development, allocation, system development and verification), risk management, planning, coordination, scheduling, interface definition and testing (delivery, selloff and operations experience). The candidate will also have the ability to lead SMORS organic growth related to the PARCS system by orchestrating the Engineering Change Process through coordination of candidate projects with the Government customer and guide team development of technical solutions and cost estimates.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic and changing environment supporting multiple tasks. Candidates must work well in a team environment that requires extensive interface with executive management, customer, supplier level management, various sites, other project leads, and other functional organizations supporting SMORS. Must possess ability to plan ahead, develop program schedules, be able to work constraining schedule issues, and be adaptive to difficult situations. Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to skillfully present and convey complex technical and project information in a clear and logical manner. In addition to supporting major program reviews, candidate must be able to organize/participate in side session briefings channeling discussions effectively toward productive conclusions and actions.
The selected candidate will be an ES&T manager and will be responsible for team organization, hiring and career development of the Engineering Manager team responsible for execution of all SMORS PARCS projects.
Candidates must be overall system/big picture thinkers with a desire to drive continuous process and system improvements. Top candidates will possess breadth and experience in multiple mission areas, program phases, and team management. This requisition is for an Engineering Manager 3 (S03) with final grade determination based on experience level.
The following experience/education is required:
• Current secret clearance
• 5 years of experience in team organization and overseeing multiple technical/engineering projects
• 8 years of experience in project management to include budget/cost account management and familiarity with earned value management
• Demonstrated ability to lead organic growth through the engineering change process
• Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
• Ability to travel for site activities and customer meetings as needed
The following experience/education is an asset (preferred qualifications):
• Project Management Institute certification
• Managing the sustainment of large ground-based sensors to include Software and Hardware engineering, system integration activities, and change management to include technical order maintenance
• Familiarity with system High-altitude Electro Magnetic Pulse (HEMP) hardening requirements and procedures
• Proposal development and management
• Experience managing diverse, geographically separated teams consisting of employees and subcontract teammates
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Mgr Systems Engineering 3
Location: Colorado-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: 18010366