Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Project Engineer-Networks in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Kratos RT Logic is a trusted global satellite ground systems, communications monitoring, interference detection and network management company. Kratos RT Logic is in the process of evolving and growing our element, network, and service management product offerings to better serve our government customer base. We are seeking a Network Projects Project Engineering professional to help solve customer problems in the network management domain for our federal network projects business area.
The successful candidate will work directly with the network projects delivery and products team in growth of our Federal customer base. This exciting position will require candidates to work with customers during implementation of network solutions and include development of custom software drivers and interfaces to facilitate integration of our network suite of tools. The ideal candidate must have a positive can-do attitude, enjoy working with customers and engineers on solving technical problems, and have applied experience in a wide range of network and software technologies that include distributed computing, databases, network protocols, network analysis tools, and network topologies. The candidate must also be comfortable in software development activities in writing device drivers and glue-ware between network applications.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Design, Develop, Integrate and Test Network Management Systems (NMS) based up on customer requirements
Support customer technical interchange, and program meetings as needed
Support project activities including assisting in schedule development and financial execution
Travel to customer locations to support installation and acceptance testing. Travel may be up to 20% of time.
Support software and hardware technology engineering/integration activities.
Develop device drivers for new managed devices and implement APIs for integrating software applications
Experience and Skills:
- Candidate will have Bachelor of Science degree in related technical discipline and 3 or more years direct work experience. (CS, EE, CSE).
- Demonstrated development experience with some or all of the following: C, C++, C#, Java, HTML, PHP particularly with respect to interface development.
- System administration experience in one or more of the following UNIX/Linux variants: Red Hat, CentOS, Debian, SUSE, Debian
- Experience with developing scripts in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Database experience with MySQL, SQL Server, Postgresql or Oracle including SQL and stored procedures
- Working knowledge of network tools and technologies including IP, TCP/IP, ICMP, Wireshark, SNMP and Multicast
- Prior experience supporting satellite communications, telemetry systems, network engineering, telecommunications or similar industries with complex monitoring/management applications.
- Experience creating detailed network diagrams using Visio, Autocad, or similar tools
- Experience working in a mission critical production environment
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance.
RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com. EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.
Job Tracking ID: RTL:18-007
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: April 11, 2018
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 5 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP