Vectrus Project Manager (not IT) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Serve as the Project Manager for a US Department of State (DOS) IDIQ contract and the single point of contact with DOS representatives.The PM will be responsible for project leadership, decision making and management of work requirements with support from a skilled proposal team in an environment that requires flexibility, adaptability, and responsiveness.
The Project Manager shall demonstrate interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice under high pressure situations.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1.Establishes policies and procedures for performance and control of all project business management functions and the management and supervision of contract support personnel within the guidelines set by Vectrus Systems Corporation.
2.Responsible for overall compliance with the contract and the performance work statement.
3.Manages overall project cost control and budgetary issues. Directs and approves task order modifications. Approves budget, monitors contractual performance and costs, and takes action to minimize and correct discrepancies and variances.
4.Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and DoS regulations.
5.Establishes and monitors the overall Quality and Environmental, Health, Safety and Security Management programs. Ensures that quality standards are applied to all levels of the work and measured for effectiveness.
6.Responsible for the leadership, management and effective and efficient integration of all Vectrus teaming partners, subcontractors, and supporting suppliers/vendors to ensure project and task order mission success.
7.Serves as the principle liaison between Vectrus and the U.S. Department of State for this IDIQ contract, interfacing with Government contracting authorities to include the Government Program Manager, Contracting Officer, using agencies, technical representatives and managers and other Government authorities. Participates in management forums and meetings both with DOS representatives and Vectrus leadership.
8.Maintains working knowledge of the DOS planning, design, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and life support services and commodities requirements. Plans and directs efforts to implement future project requirements.
9.Available via mobile phone 24/7/365. Available to meet within one hour upon Government direction.
10.Develops, executes and presents sales plans for existing and new project and non-project business development. ICW the Vectrus Systems Corporation Business Development Department, leads, or supports, the preparation of task order proposals.
11.Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, MS Office, and other general office equipment.
Work is generally conducted in an office environment and could include work at project locations. Duties, however, may involve work outdoors with potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Travel to remote, austere, hostile/combat areas may be required, with potentially austere living conditions. Travel up to 50%, primarily overseas.
Work may require stooping, climbing, prolonged standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential exists for exposure to physical dangers and chemical or hazardous agents. When operationally deployed, may be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (e.g. Kevlar helmet, body armor, etc.).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. Bachelor’s degree in an engineering/construction/facilities/contracts or related field OR equivalent schools training/certifications.
2. PMP certification desired.
3. Lean Six Sigma certification/training (Green/Black belt) is a plus.
1. Knowledge and experience including: management of multiple task orders of a magnitude greater than $10M each in geographically dispersed locations simultaneously.
2. At least five (5) years of demonstrated project management experience in life support services, facilities, logistics management and/or security type program(s) exceeding $10M.
3. Demonstrated success managing the financial and performance aspects of an IDIQ contract.
4. Prior experience managing a DoD or DoS ID/IQ contract with multiple task orders in contingency location(s). Relevant experience may also include domestic support operations such as disaster relief.
5. Additional operational/ project management knowledge/experience includes: FAR/ DFAR / DOSAR and experience/familiarity in business operations (contracts/subcontracts management, finance & accounting, quality management, quality/work/project controls).
1. Must possess excellent computer, interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
2. Working knowledge of O&M work order management and asset/property management systems.
3. Demonstrated knowledge in estimating processes/ techniques for determining labor and materials for design/ build, O&M and/ or logistics services.
Supervises Employees Directly and Indirectly. Manages multiple Task Order Project Managers.
Broad Guidance & Direction
Organization: Pending Contract
Title: Project Manager (not IT)
Location: CO-Colorado Springs
Requisition ID: PEN000389
Clearance Level required at Start Date: Secret
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.