Apogee Engineering SMF AT II - Sr. Mission Trainer (4 SOPS) - Schriever AFB, CO in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Comprehensive benefit options
2016 SBA Prime Contractor of the Year, Region VIII
Apogee Engineering is seeking a Sr. Mission Trainer supporting the 4 SOPS at Schriever AFB, CO. This position willsupport the development, research and advance training (AT) course development in support of Ready Spacecrew Program (RSP) and Space Mission Force (SMF) constructs. You will build on existing courseware to train space forces to better operate in the contested, degraded and operationally-limited environment to augment existing mission-unique training.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, financial and administrative expertise across an array of federal government organizations such as the DOD, NASA, DHS, DOI, and the DOT. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference regardless of agenda or personality. This commitment, infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, has propelled Apogee Engineering into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop course materials to include inputs from DoD total force exercises, intelligence support, training against red forces, integrated with external units such as the JSpOC, AOCs, and USAFWC; and provide advanced academics to enhance space operators' knowledge of their weapon system and the warfighting context in which it is operated
- Support assigned unit/operations group personnel in modifying existing course materials, develop new course materials, and maintain RSP AT course materials.
- Produce, update, review, and revise courseware materials and develop lesson plans IAW AFSPCI 10-260, AFSPCGM 2016-13-01, and AFI 13-601 Vol 1 (Draft)
- Implement changes to courseware given changes in the contested, degraded, and operationally-limited environments including current and potential threat courseware development support as part of the RSP course syllabus
- Track and input course development to support weapons and tactics programs
- Support Government ASOpS instructor staff with information to support development of course materials via PowerPoint, Word, and CBT courseware
- Support assigned unit in development of lesson slides, study guides, lesson plans, lesson surveys, and tests based off resources provided by the Government
- Conduct curriculum reviews, bi-annual review meetings and courseware review meetings.
- Attend scheduled conferences and associated briefings and meetings
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or mathematics-related field from ABET-accredited university
- Ten (10) years of operational experience within supported unit or supporting key weapon systems within each unit (i.e. SBIRS, GPS, Milstar, AEHF, PAVE PAWS, BMEWS, FPS-85, and others
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disabled/veteran
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Job Start/End Date: 02-Apr-2018 to 01-Jun-2018 (MST)
Department: Air Force
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, USA
Employment Type: Full Time