City of Colorado Springs Street Programs Supervisor in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Description / Position Overview
The hiring salary for this position is between $5,306 and $6,369 per month.
Learn about the City of Colorado Springs as an employer and what our beautiful city has to offer as a place to live and work by clicking on the following links:http://www.choosecoloradosprings.com/
This information may change annually.
Street Programs Supervisor
In this position, you will provide program management and coordination of annual roadway resurfacing, concrete, and drainage maintenance projects for the City (City of Colorado Springs).
Essential Job Functions - the basic job duties an employee must be able to perform:
- Coordinate and communicate program plans with all stakeholders, including City departments and enterprises, outside agencies, and school districts
- Develop and manage several types of contracts supporting multiple programs and services; track and approve invoices
- Provide financial planning and budget management for programs funded through multiple revenue sources
- Manage and track material budget and ventures; maintain equipment inventory
- Develop, plan, and manage annual pavement and infrastructure data collection
- Assign work orders for projects associated with annual programs; invoice external projects
- Supervise staff in the day-to-day roadway and drainage maintenance operations
- Coordinate after-hours emergency crews and winter storm crews; monitor contracted services; coordinate crew response for summer storm events
- Develop, plan, and coordinate training schedules for staff and contractors; conduct classroom and on-the-job training for new employees; ensure existing employees are current in all required training
- Prepare training materials, including course outlines, instruction manuals, and student workbooks
Respond to customer service requests We are looking for candidates who demonstrate:
Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Ability to function within the guidelines of various revenue sources
Ability to safely operate assigned tools and vehicle Successful candidate will have:
A high school diploma or GED supplemented by specialized training in pavement maintenance or repair, or a related field
- Five years of full-time pavement, concrete, and drainage maintenance experience, including one year of lead supervisory experience
Possess, or obtain upon hire, and maintain a valid Colorado driver's license Ideal candidates will also have:
Experience in construction management
- Experience working in a municipal government setting
- Experience managing a municipal budget process *Supervision Exercised: *In this position, you will supervise and monitor the performance for a group of employees, including providing input for hiring/disciplinary actions, work objectives/effectiveness, performance evaluations, and realigning work as needed.
Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids: Telephone, fax, calculator, copier, and vehicle, various metric tools, radio, camera, shovel, broom, GPS, smartphone, and core drill. Additional Information
Physical Demands:This position requires the ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally, 10 pounds frequently, and walking or standing to a significant degree.
Environmental Conditions Primary Work Environment - Office and field environment Extreme Temperature - Several times per week Wetness and Humidity - Seasonally Respiratory Hazards - Several times per month Noise and Vibrations - Several times per month Physical Hazards - Several times per month Mechanical and/or Electrical Hazards - Rarely Exposure to Communicable Diseases - Rarely
This job announcement is not intended to include a complete listing of all responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the position.
Please visit https://coloradosprings.gov/jobs and click on 'Apply for a City Career' > 'City Career Postings – Apply Now' button to complete an online application. All job applicants will need to create a new login and online application (unless you already have a NEOGOV/governmentjobs.com user ID and password).
Completing your application in full, including the entire work experience section, will assist Human Resources (HR) in the applicant screening process. Your application may not be considered if all of the information requested for each employer you list is not provided.
Our NEOGOV application system does not allow you to edit your application after it has been submitted for a position. If you want to make changes, you may submit another application prior to the position's closing date and time listed in the job posting. HR will review the last application you submit for a position.
To view the City's job classifications, including physical demands and descriptions, go to https://www.coloradosprings.gov/human-resources/page/job-classifications-descriptions.
To view the status of your application, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/cosprings/default.cfm.
To be notified of future career opportunities, go to http://coloradosprings.gov/jic
If hired, you will be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work in the United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary: $5,306.00 - $7,433.00 Monthly
Location: Public Works - City of Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Public Works
Job Number: 12769
Closing: 3/28/2018 4:00 PM Mountain
Agency: City of Colorado Springs
Address: 30 South Nevada Avenue, Suite 301 Colorado Springs, Colorado, 80903
Phone: 719-385-5456 719-385-5456