Army Installation Management Command Cook (CYS) NA-08 JOB FAIR in Fort Carson, Colorado
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT**
This announcement is included as part of our upcoming job fair
Applicants who attend the Job Fair will receive first consideration
The Job Fair will take place at the Fort Carson Special Events Center, Bldg. 1829, 6550 Specker Avenue, Fort Carson, CO 80913 between the hours of 9 am to 1 pm and again from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm on 23 May 2018.
Dress for success! Interviews will be conducted and on-the-spot job offers may be extended.
Things to bring Resume Transcripts/Diploma/Certificates listed below in the announcement Government ID (Driver's License, State Issued ID, Military Dependent ID, etc.) Social Security Card Optional Documents listed below to support a claimed priority/preference (spouse, veteran, etc.)
Invitations for pre-registered applicants will be sent out between 05/15/2018 and 05/18/2018. If you apply after 05/18/2018, invitations will be sent on 05/21/2018 and 05/22/2018. Please print out the invitation and bring it with you.
Applicants who are unable to attend the job fair will be referred to the selecting official for the next available positions.**
Fort Carson, "The Mountain Post," is located just south of Colorado Springs at the base of the Rocky Mountains. The unparalleled beauty and mild climate of Colorado Springs make it a gateway to a wide variety of outdoor activities. Many internationally known ski areas and some of the nation's most scenic parks and finest hunting and fishing areas are located within a short drive. Fort Carson Families have easy access to the many cultural attractions of "The Springs" and the bright lights of nearby Denver.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is US Citizens and Non-Citizens worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at one of the Child and Youth Services facilities in Fort Carson, Colorado.
Learn more about this agency
- Plans and coordinates the preparation of meals based on master menus. Reviews recipes, menus, and worksheets to determine ingredients needed to prepare various menu items for regular or modified diets for children with special needs.
- Prepares and cooks all types of foods. Evaluates final food products and recommends changes in recipes for improvement of flavor, texture, and appearance.
- Continuously monitors cooking times and temperatures to ensure safe preparation and completion of cooking according to food service schedules. Uses basic math skills to modify recipes for large quantities and to determine portion sizes.
- Delivers and collects meal/snack carts from facility areas to kitchen. Meets with food and nutrition specialists to coordinate food orders, menu plans, infant feeding plans, and to determine substitutions for special diets.
- Follows precautions to ensure safe food preparation, storage, and kitchen sanitation. Cleans dishes, ovens, refrigerators, ranges, work surfaces, and similar areas as required to maintain compliance with standards.
- Plans for the delivery and the loading/unloading of food and supplies. Keeps records on food used, portions prepared, meals served, and inventory.
- Observes the work of lower graded cooks to ensure they are following instructions related to food service. Provides on-the-job training. Assists youth cooking clubs/health and fitness programs as required.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment of background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, and a Child Care Tier 1 background investigation and Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI)
- A current health assessment and immunizations IAW current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations
- Travel to on and off post locations may be required
- Schedule includes irregular hours, evenings, and/or weekends
- Duties involve working both indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to obtain (within first six months of employment) and maintain a Food Protection Manager Certification acquired through an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited agency
- Must be able to lift or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift over 50 pounds with assistance of a lifting device or other workers
- May be exposed to steam, fumes, odors, sharp objects, extreme temperature changes, wet floors, and other cooking/kitchen related environments
- Must have experience demonstrating knowledge of a full range of food preparation techniques needed to: Develop and revise standardized recipes, coordinate cooking in large quantities using complex recipes and varied cooking methods, prepare foods for special/modified diets (i.e., diabetic exchanges, low sodium, food allergies), and instruct lower-level cooks.
- Must have experience using a variety of commercial food service tools and equipment to include cleaning and sanitation practices.
- Must have basic math skills needed to modify recipes for large quantities and to determine portion sizes.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- (PCS Orders, Marriage License if not named on PCS Orders, ISMP ID Card, Certificates, DA Form 3434 if applicable, etc.)
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/499837900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 05/16/2018 to 06/07/2018
Salary: $13.77 to $16.06 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 8
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent