Army Installation Management Command CYS Facility Director NF-04 JOB FAIR in Fort Carson, Colorado
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ANNOUNCEMENT**
Applicants who attend the Job Fair will receive first consideration
The Job Fair will take place at Pikes Peak Workforce Center (1675 Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80907) between the hours of 9:00am MST to 3:00pm MST.
Dress for success! Interviews will be conducted and on-the-spot job offers may be extended.
Things to bring**
- Educational documentation listed below in the announcement (Transcripts)
- Government ID (Driver's License, State Issued ID, Military Dependent ID,etc.)
- Social Security Card **Invitations for pre-registered applicants will be sent out on 03/16/2018. If you apply after 03/16/2018 invitations will be sent on 03/19/2018 and 03/20/2018. Please print out the invitation and bring it with you.
Applicants who are unable to attend the job fair will be referred to the selecting official for the next available positions.**
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is worldwide.
This position is located at Fort Carson Child, Youth and School Services. Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a CYS Facility Director with responsibility for the operation of an assigned CYS facility-based program (more than 200 actual child and youth spaces) IAW all applicable regulations and standards.
- Applies professional knowledge to plan, implement, and supervise a comprehensive program that promotes positive growth and development of children and youth.
- Provides program oversight and accountability for the performance of staff and the safety and well being of children and youth IAW DoD, Army and local policies and standards.
- Monitors and analyzes adult/participant ratio sheets to ensure proper staffing policies are enforced.
- Recruits and hires qualified personnel utilizing Army CYS Standard Position Descriptions. Supervises and evaluates employees based on established performance standards.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
1701 General Education And Training
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- All required background checks of AR 215-3 and the Crime Control Act must be successfully completed and maintained, including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI)
- A health assessment is required
- Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required
- Travel to on and off post locations required
Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in the fields appropriate to the position consistent with: For positions in Child Development Facilities: The education must have been in child development, early childhood education, home economics (early childhood emphasis), elementary education, special education or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled such as related behavioral science. For positions in Youth Facilities: The education must have been in youth development, youth administration, education, home economics, physical education, elementary education, special education or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled such as related behavioral science. For positions in School-Age facilities, the education must have been in any of the fields above. OR A combination of education and experience - courses equivalent to a major in a subject matter field (24 semester hours) appropriate to the position (see above), plus appropriate experience or additional course work that provided knowledge comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above.
In addition to the education requirements stated above candidate must possess the following:
- 24 months of professional experience in managing a child or youth facility is required. This experience must be equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower level to include the following:
- Demonstrated experience in managing an entire cycle of operation of a CYS facility to include budgeting, facility management, supply management, program development, implementation, selection, training and supervision of personnel and curriculum oversight.
- The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
- Comprehensive oral and communications skills and analytical writing skills.
- Ability to present ideas and proposals to a variety of audiences.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DA 3434
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 pm MST on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EI-NAF-W0VNAA- US ARMY GARRISON FT CARSON HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Carson, CO US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/493724100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 03/12/2018 to 03/21/2018
Salary: $60,500 to $60,500 per year
Pay scale & grade: NF 4
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent