Centura Health Registered Nurse, RN - Interventional Radiology, PRN Days, Parker Adventist in Parker, Colorado
Known locally as the “full-service community hospital doing some big things,” Parker Adventist Hospital, (located at E-470 and Parker Road), offers leading medical experts, the latest technology and a broad array of clinical services. Ranked among the top hospitals in the nation for patient satisfaction, Parker Hospital performs complex spine and brain surgery along with weight-loss and joint-replacement surgery. We have a Level II Trauma Center and a Birthplace with a Level IIIA NICU caring for babies born as early as 28 weeks. Opened 10 years ago and still growing, the entire team is incredibly vibrant, skilled, enthusiastic, innovative and motivated. The sense of “newness” felt at Parker is a big aspect of the culture and the high patient and employee satisfaction scores speak volumes about the care and the environment. Every associate at Parker lives its culture of “relationship based care” each day – treating every patient, family and team member like WE would want to be cared for. For more information about Parker Adventist Hospital and joining the team, visit http://www.parkerhospital.org/.
_Job Description/Job Posting ID: 113407_
_Recruiter Contact:_ candiceseng@Centura.Org
_Clinic/Department:_* 7337 PKR SPECIAL PROCEDURES*
_Hospital:_* PARKER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL*
_Shift: _Shifts will be variable and booked on an as needed basis. Shifts are usually 9 hours with start times varying between 6:30am and 5:30pm; approximately 8 days of call per month with weekends equally divided among the team.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for facilitating, communicating, and collaborating with both the healthcare team, and the patient/family to identify and meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the patient. Promotes the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Demonstrates personal accountability for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing for new graduates; preferred for experienced RN's
- BSN Preferred
_Work Experience Requirements_
One year experience preferred
Nursing skills and knowledge base specific to specialty
IR - Prefer ER or ICU back ground of 2 years or more
Prefer IR Nursing experience
Would prefer someone that can work well under pressure, someone that understands radiation safety, direct communication, good at multitasking and time management. Prefer someone that is flexible. Good knowledge of Sterile Technique. Both IR and Cath Lab share a pre-post area that is managed by both the IR and Cath Lab team.
Current Colorado RN license/ Current RN license from a participating state in National Licensure Compact
Current BLS certification from American Heart Association required;
Additional certifications may be required (refer to facility addendum(s)
Cath Lab, IR, or Critical Experience required for this position
IR - 8 days of call per month with weekends equally divided among the team/30 minute response time
_Position Duties_ (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
_PATIENT & FAMILY CENTERED CARE – 45%_
• Assess patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, review of medical records & clinical data. Evaluates patient’s response and intervenes to ensure optimal patient outcome.
• Develop and implement patient plan of care and observe outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrate competency in a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to IV’s, incision/wound care, medication administration, catheterization and specimen collections.
• Promote, advocate and collaborate to protect the health and safety and rights of each patient.
• Provide patient/family education through assessment of patient/family learning readiness, needs, and ability. Provide teaching and evaluate effectiveness of teaching.
• Recognize the patient or designee as a full partner in providing compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for the patient’s preferences, values, and needs.
• Provide relationship-based care in which the nurse strives to understand what is most important to the individual and actively engage them in all aspects of care. This care will be delivered with respect for cultural differences and the diversity of human experience.
_LEADERSHIP/NURSING PROFESSIONALISM – 15%_
• Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
• Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
• Professional role model for all staff demonstrating ethical/legal/professional nursing process.
• Manages resources and patient flow through matching nursing competencies with individualized patient’s and unit needs.
• Uses standards of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide practice.
• Teamwork and Collaboration: Function effectively within nursing and inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
• Precepts/mentors new staff or nursing students as needed.
_PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT -10%_
• Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education.
• Seeks experiences that reflect current practice in order to maintain skills and competence in clinical practice or role performance.
• Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and lifelong learning.
• Evaluates one’s own integrity and nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations. Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.
• Demonstrates a commitment to the organization through ongoing participation at hospital and unit based meetings.
_QUALITY OUTCOMES/QUALITY IMPROVEMENT/RESEARCH/EBP -10% (15%)_
• Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data. Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care.
• Participate in unit-based Quality improvement, evidence-based practice and research activities.
• Use current healthcare research findings and other evidence to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
_INFORMATICS/TECHNOLOGY -20% (15%)_
• Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting.
• Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
• Document ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
• Use information technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making.
- Medium Work - (Exert up to 50lbs force occasionally, and/or up to 20lbs frequently, and/or up to 10lbs constantly)
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.